Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Mark 14:26-31 Accomplishing God's Plan For My Life

After singing a hymn, they went out to the Mount of Olives. And Jesus said to them, “You will all fall away, because it is written, ‘ I will strike down the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered.’ But after I have been raised, I will go ahead of you to Galilee.” But Peter said to Him, “Even though all may fall away, yet I will not.” And Jesus said to him, “Truly I say to you, that this very night, before a rooster crows twice, you yourself will deny Me three times.” But Peter kept saying insistently, “Even if I have to die with You, I will not deny You!” And they all were saying the same thing also.

A person should never assume that they have power in their flesh. Peter and the disciples make claims of “I will…,” when they cannot. It is better to say “Jesus, by Your grace, keep me from this hour. Nevertheless, not my will, but thy will be done.” This of course, is what Jesus said at the Garden of Gethsemane. Like it or not, all that occurs for better or for worse can only come about with God’s knowledge and permission. Satan cannot even tempt someone without God permitting it. Therefore our effort should be spent in building up our inner man, so that our visible self an obey.

Daily Prayer: Father, even Christians try to please you when they cannot. On our best day, all we can do is abide in You and You in me so that I accomplish all that you have for my life. In Your holy name I pray Amen.

No comments: