Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Matthew 28:16-20 The Great Commission

But the eleven disciples proceeded to Galilee, to the mountain which Jesus had designated. When they saw Him, they worshiped Him; but some were doubtful. And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

This concludes our journey of studying all of the words spoken by Jesus in the Gospel of Matthew. And the gospel ends with an imperative to go and do the work of an evangelist. It is not a suggestion but instead a command. But Jesus does not leave us alone in this endeavor. He says I will be with you, not only now, but until the end of the age when we see come back in triumph.

Daily Prayer: Lord Jesus, we do await anxiously Your immanent return. When I think of “immanent” I think of in a minute. This way, I will be busy about your work on the day of your return. Amen and Amen.

No comments: