Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Matthew 19:13-15 Jesus Teaches Us About Children

Then some children were brought to Him so that He might lay His hands on them and pray; and the disciples rebuked them. But Jesus said, “Let the children alone, and do not hinder them from coming to Me; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” After laying His hands on them. He departed from there.

In order to enter the Kingdom of Heaven, one must have child-like faith. Child-like faith does not depend on one’s own flesh to accomplish righteousness. Instead it is a wholly dependent faith which relies on another’s strength for their very life. Children do not say that they can do for themselves and be independent of another, but instead recognize their need for help and submit to that greater one for all of their needs, both large and small. Therefore to be a child of God, one needs to return to children principles and depend on Him alone for our all in all.

Daily Prayer: Father let me not drift off into a place where I claim credit for any accomplishments. Instead let me be fully conscious that all things, both good and bad are from your hand. Good for times when I receive your blessing and bad for times of discipline. In all things, let me recognize that everything is from you and I need not worry. In Jesus name I pray Amen.

No comments: