Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Philippians 4: 4-9 Think of Excellence

Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses allcomprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Once you know the surpassing riches or gaining Christ Jesus as your friend and savior, everything else that comes your you will disregard. Even in the midst of human suffering, with the knowledge of forgiveness of sins and life with God, you will be able to rejoice in your suffering, knowing that you are a partaker in Christ's suffering. Our permanent life is not here, but with Christ. We are only visitors here for the sake of carrying on the work of Jesus so that once we meet him face to face, we will be approved in him. So for now, live a life which imitates Christ so that you can be a good example to others.

Daily Prayer: Lord Jesus, by the power of the Holy Spirit that dwells within me, let me walk by the Spirit, so that I am not lured by the promises of the flesh. Let this manifest itself in my obedience to you who first loved me so that I may also love you. In your name I pray Amen.

No comments: