Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Ephesianss 3: 13-21 Paul's Prayer for the Church

Therefore I ask you not to lose heart at my tribulations on your behalf, for they are your glory. For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God. Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen.

Here and elsewhere, Paul does not consider his suffering in a negative way, but instead he defines his suffering as a partaker in Christ's suffering which leads to glory. Jesus has said, "My peace I give to you, but not as the world gives do I give to you." Christ's peace overcomes our temporary setbacks in life. In our mortal life, we are not able to comprehend the depth of Christ's love for us. It is a one-way and unconditional love that has no human comparison. In the same way, his power is without measure so we can be sure that our Savior loves us and will always be in control over our life and have the final say about anything.

Daily Prayer: Lord Jesus, I say with my lips that I trust you and I really mean it! There will come a day when my trust will be larger than my present understanding when I see you face to face. Come Lord Jesus. Amen.

No comments: