Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

James 1: 12-17 the Condition of the Inner Man

Blessed is a man who perseveres under trial; for once he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him. Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God”; for God cannot be tempted by evil, and He Himself does not tempt anyone. But each one is tempted when he is carried away and enticed by his own lust. Then when lust has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and when sin is accomplished, it brings forth death. Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren. Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow.

This message ties in with our message on a Father's discipline. There we said that God does not punish us, but to all who are called to be his children, he chastens which is the mark of his love for us. Now James is telling us that blessed is he who persevered under trial. Trial is not intended to be temptation from God, but instead attacks by the world under the influence of Satan. We know that these influences are not of God, because God is good and he does not seek evil to sustain his goodness. But, to those who sustain their time of testing, they will be rewarded by God and recognized by his kingdom.

Daily Prayer: Father, build my inner-man step-by-step, so that when trouble comes, I will be found to be grounded in my faith in you who sustains me and cares for me. In Your holy name I pray Amen.


No comments: