Total Pageviews

Monday, November 7, 2011

Colossians 2: 8, 12 -17 There is no place for judgment

See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ. We have been buried with Him in baptism, in which you were also raised up with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead. When you were dead in your transgressions and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He made you alive together with Him, having forgiven us all our transgressions, having canceled out the certificate of debt consisting of decrees against us, which was hostile to us; and He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross. 15When He had disarmed the rulers and authorities, He made a public display of them, having triumphed over them through Him. Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food ordrink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day— things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ. Through baptism, we are identified with Christ and freed from the ways of the world and tradition. The coming of Jesus is God's full revelation of himself to humankind. Before Jesus, there were laws which were our "school-teacher" which lead us to Christ. But with Christ's appearing, we no longer need the rules when our Savior won us our freedom on the cross. Our liberty is proof of our being "in Christ," so no longer can anyone judge those who are partakers in Christ. Instead we are now free to worship him personally in spirit and in truth. Daily Prayer: Lord Jesus, I come to you the way I am. It is the way that I am that you saved me and it is this way that I worship you. I am in you, and you are in me, and togeher we form a relationship which makes me a son of God and you my brother before God. In your name I pray Amen.

No comments: