Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Mark 9: 17, 20-24 all things are possible

And one of the crowd answered Him, “Teacher, I brought You my son, possessed with a spirit which makes him mute. They brought the boy to Him. When he saw Him, immediately the spirit threw him into a convulsion, and falling to the ground, he began rolling around and foaming at the mouth. 21 And He asked his father, “How long has this been happening to him?” And he said, “From childhood. 22 It has often thrown him both into the fire and into the water to destroy him. But if You can do anything, take pity on us and help us!” 23 And Jesus said to him, “ ‘If You can?’ All things are possible to him who believes.” 24 Immediately the boy’s father cried out and said, “I do believe; help my unbelief.”

The power of God is unleashed to those who believe or have faith. Without faith, it is impossible to please God. The problem of this father is greater than the problem of his son. The son was struggling with an unclean spirit. This problem is from outside the boy. The father is struggling with believing the only one who can set his son free. This is a greater problem because it is a problem of the heart. Jesus has compassion on them and gives the father the faith and belief necessary for the boy to be freed from his problem. The moral of the story is that all things are possible in our lives if we have faith and never doubt Jesus.

Daily Prayer: Lord, so often I do believe in you and all that you are able to do in my life. Yet I am sure there are areas of my life where I try to accomplish the impossible in my own flesh, which cannot be done. Forgive me my sins, and help me to surrender all areas of my life to you. In your name I pray Amen.

No comments: