Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Mark 14: 32-36 Jesus in Gethsemane

They *came to a place named Gethsemane; and He said to His disciples, “Sit here until I have prayed.” And He *took with Him Peter and James and John, and began to be very distressed and troubled. And He said to them, “My soul is deeply grieved to the point of death; remain here and keep watch.” And He went a little beyond them, and fell to the ground and began to pray that if it were possible, the hour might pass Him by. And He was saying, “Abba! Father! All things are possible for You; remove this cup from Me; yet not what I will, but what You will.

This is the greatest hour of Jesus life as the son of man. In his flesh, he did not want to be delivered into the hands of sinful men to suffer and die. This is why he asks the father if it is possible that this cup be taken from him. The reply was that it is God's will, and not his will be done. This is the high point of Jesus' obedience to the father. It was the will of God that the son die for the satisfaction of the sins for those who come to him in faith. It started in the Garden of Eden when Adam and Eve brough sin into the composition of humanity. Now it ends as the second Adam, who is Jesus Christ, is also in a garden submitting to the will of God.

Daily Prayer: I pray the Lord's Prayer, which says "thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven." May those words prick me in my soul so that my obedience comes as a result of this answered prayer. In your holy name I pray Amen.

No comments: