Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Proverb 13: Contrasting the upright and the wicked

A wise son accepts his father's discipline. The scoffer does not listen to rebuke. A righteous man hates falsehood. The wicked man acts disgustingly and shamefully. There is one who pretends to be rich.There are others who pretend to be poor, but have great wealth. Wealth obtained by fraud dwindles. The one who gathers by labor increases his purse. He who walks with wise men will be wise. Those who are companions of fools will suffer harm. The righteous has enough to satisfy his appetite. The stomach of the wicked is in need.

This proverb teaches us that a father's discipline is required to train up a son. If you love your son, you will bring discipline. The son that is not disciplines does not have the love of the father.
Falsehood will always lead to demise. It is good and proper to hate falsehood. Fraud is a camouflage. It leads to false wealth, a false bride, and an empty future. He who prospers by fraud put his wealth in pockets with holes in them. You are the same as the company you keep.
Whatever a man sows, this he will also reap. You cannot plant falsehood and reap righteousness.
And the Lord has promised that whoever belongs to him, he himself will establish them and feed and comfort them. Whatever is worth having come from the Lord's hand.

Daily Prayer: Father, into your hands I commit my soul. Apart from you, I can do nothing.
Any opportunity, any person who dwells with me, and any shelter I enjoy is from you and you alone. I confess that I stumble, but your discipline makes straight my ways. Father, you have been good to me and not me alone, but to all who believe in you. Amen.

No comments: