Total Pageviews

Monday, May 2, 2011

Esther was raised up for such a time as this (Esther 7: 2-6, 9)

The king said, "Esther, what can I do for you? Esther answered, "Your Majesty, if you really care for me and are willing to help, you can save me and my people. That,'s what I really want, because a reward has been promised to anyone who kills my people. Your Majesty, if we were merely going to be sold as slaves, I would not have bothered you." "Who would dare to do such a thing?" the king asked. Esther replied, "That evil Haman is the one out to get us!" Haman realized that the king had already decided what to do with him, and he stayed and begged Esther to save his life. Then Harbona, one of the king's servants said, "Your Majesty, Haman built a tower beside his house, so he could hang Mordecai on it. "Hang him from his own tower!" the king commanded.

Providence is God using his own timing and controlling circumstances so that justice is done.
God had promised to Abraham that whoever blesses the Jews, God would surely bless. But to the one who curses the Jews, God would certainly curse. Faith is the conviction that God is all-knowing and all-powerful and he will deliver his people in times of trouble. Revenge is mine, declares the Lord. If it were not for the disobedience of the queen, the finding of a beautiful Hebrew queen who is non-assuming, who knows, maybe she was brought to be queen for such a time as this?

Daily Prayer: Lord you do know the beginning from the end. In my life too, give me the ability to discern your hand at work in my life. Jesus teaches me not to worry, because God knows my every need. If he takes care of the sparrows and supplies them all their needs, will he not to the same for people? So if I find myself in doubt, let me simply remember to let God and let go. In your holy name I pray Amen.

No comments: