Total Pageviews

Friday, February 26, 2010

YOUR GOD IS NOT A SMALL GOD

You say, I know God is not small, but many people trust Him as though He were. In reality, most of us trust ourselves first and trust God for the hard problems of life. Jesus says "Come unto me all who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest." Jesus knows of our self-centered ways. He also knows that that way leads to defeat. The Bible goes on to say "Walk by the Spirit and you will not fulfill the desires of the flesh." This walking is like abiding in the Spirit. One cannot abide short of total surrender of your will to His. This is why so many Christians are Carnal Christians. What Jesus did for them they receive, but the Spirit He sent to them we resist. We will see Him in power and glory when we cast all of our cares on Him, because He cares for us.

Daily Prayer: Lord, convince me to give up the fight in the flesh. If the flesh had a fighting chance, we would not have needed a Savior. I know my own inclinations to trust in myself, but with Your help I desire to be transformed again, this time not for eternal life in heaven, but for a heavenly life on earth. Help me to get to this end. I pray in Jesus name Amen.

No comments: