Total Pageviews

Monday, February 8, 2010

SANCTIFIED FOR HIS OWN PURPOSES

Sanctification is the setting apart for a special purpose. We use the word consecrate in the same way. Others interpret it as an act or process of purification. The good news is that everyone who is saved will be sanctified as it is the work of the Holy Spirit who indwells you. The process of purification which is the evident part of the consecration can go over a long period of time with the believer fighting the process in their flesh or in can be more gentle when we identify with the Risen Jesus. Either way, God's people in the end will achieve holiness, but to those who frusterate the process, they will lose reward because we are judged by our conduct from the day of our salvation forward. Not judged to determine salvation, but to determine worthiness to God.

Daily Prayer: Father, too often I frusterate the process. Part of the reason is that in my flesh I tried to purify myself, but I can no more purify myself than I can save myself.
To everyone who prays this prayer with me today, let the Spirit have His way in Your life and lean not to your understanding, but trust in God as you did on the day of your salvation. In Jesus name I pray Amen.

No comments: