Total Pageviews

Friday, March 8, 2013

John 18:10-14 Jesus Is Arrested!

Simon Peter then, having a sword, drew it and struck the high priest’s slave, and cut off his right ear; and the slave’s name was Malchus.  So Jesus said to Peter, “Put the sword into the sheath; the cup which the Father has given Me, shall I not drink it?” So the Roman cohort and the commander and the officers of the Jews, arrested Jesus and bound Him,  and led Him to Annas first; for he was father-in-law of Caiaphas, who was high priest that year.  Now Caiaphas was the one who had advised the Jews that it was expedient for one man to die on behalf of the people.

God's plan for Jesus is starting to unfold here as Jesus who is a man of peace is arrested without a crime or any violence.  When Peter truck out in His defense, Jesus advised him not to love by the sword, because to live by the sword is to die by it.  There were so many times they could have seized Jesus as he routinely taught in the synagogues, but instead they seized him in a remote place where the people would not rebel, because the people held Jesus to be a prophet.  This is the cup Jesus was given to drink for my salvation and yours.

Daily Prayer:  Lord Jesus, before I was born, You made way to take away my sins and remember them no more.  How great is Your love, grace, and mercy!  Give me this day the ability to model you in my life.  Not that I am perfect, but in You and can be perfect because You are perfect.  Let this be evident to everyone I come in contact with so that they can notice that I am affected by You.  In Your holy name I pray Amen.

No comments: