Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Acts 2:15-22 The Grounds for our Hope


For these men are not drunk, as you suppose, for it is only the third hour of the day;  but this is what was spoken of through the prophet Joel:
 And it shall be in the last days,’ God says,
That I will pour forth of My Spirit on all mankind;
And your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
And your young men shall see visions,
And your old men shall dream dreams;
Even on My bond slaves, both men and women,
I will in those days pour forth of My Spirit
And they shall prophesy.
 And I will grant wonders in the sky above
And signs on the earth below,
Blood, and fire, and vapor of smoke.
 The sun will be turned into darkness
And the moon into blood,
Before the great and glorious day of the Lord shall come.
 And it shall be that everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.’

In the Book of Acts, Peter gives two sermons.  Yesterday the crowd was amazed when Peter was speaking in tongues.  At that time, some instead of crediting God said this man is drunk.  Here Peter rebukes these namesayers by declaring the power of the Risen Christ.  He also said that this event, the coming of the Holy Spirit, is that same event that was prophesied by the prophet Joel who declared that God would pour our His Spirit on mankind.  This also marks the beginning of the last days awaiting the Second Coming of Christ for the redemption of the saved and the judgment of all anti-christs.  He concludes that who ever calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.

Daily Prayer:  Christ Jesus, because of this Sermon I know that  I am saved because have called on Your name alone as my grounds for salvation.  Grant the wisdom and faith needed to readers of this piece to believe in You and trust in You for eternal life.  In Your holy name I pray Amen.

No comments: