Total Pageviews

Monday, February 25, 2013

John 15:15-17 We Have Been Called and Set Apart

No longer do I call you slaves, for the slave does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you.  You did not choose Me but I chose you, and appointed you that you would go and bear fruit, and that your fruit would remain, so that whatever you ask of the Father in My name He may give to you.  This I command you, that you love one another.

The Lord loves us so that He makes us His family.  The Jews were "family" because the descended from Abraham, but Christians are family because they were called by Christ.  Christ called us not into a life of
slavery, because a slave is indifferent to the desires of his master. Instead, Jesus made us family who loves one another as He first loved us.  This separation from the world is called consecration or the calling and setting apart believers from the world. 

Daily Prayer:  Lord Jesus, you indeed are the Son of God and the Son of man.  You have chosen me and all Christians to be Your own and by doing so we live a life of works that glorify your and your Father in heaven.  This is my calling and my life.  In Jesus name I pray Amen.

No comments: