Total Pageviews

Monday, February 18, 2013

John 14:1-6 Tending To The Lost

Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me.  In My Father’s house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you.  If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also. And you know the way where I am going.”  Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, how do we know the way?”  Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

Earlier in the gospel, Jesus presents Himself as the Good Shepherd.  A shepherd does not leave it to his flock to find their own way.  If he does not lead them, they would scatter.  So it is with the Good Shepherd.
Those who are his, know his voice and follow him.  In the same way, where ever he takes his flock, he has provisions for their care and safety.  This is why Jesus says "I go to prepare a place for you."  And as the shepherd He declares, "I am the way, the truth and the life.  Nobody comes to the Father except through Me."  This is why there are not many ways to God, only one.

Daily Prayer:  Sovereign Savior, there are many who are Yours who give the appearance of not hearing Your voice and get lost in their ways.  They believe in You as Savior, but don't know You.  Draw near to these who are lost and recover them to be among those who know You.  Do not leave them in this hostile world because they need protection from the Evil One.  In Jesus name I pray Amen.

No comments: