Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 28, 2013

John 16:7-11 Walk By the Spirit so that I do not give into the power of the Flesh

But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you.  And He, when He comes, will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment;  concerning sin, because they do not believe in Me;  and concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father and you no longer see Me;  and concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world has been judged.

The ministry of Jesus was about three years on earth, yet there are about six billion persons who profess Christianity in the world today.  This is due no doubt  to the work of the third person of the trinity who is the person of the Holy Spirit.  Jesus promised His believers that I am going to send another person to you who will be your Helper.  Not another of a different kind of person, but another of the same kind of person who will guide you into all righteousness and He will not leave you but instead will indwell you.  In order to receive His maximum benefit, we need to abide in Him just as He abides in us.  And then He will unleash His power and men will say greater is He that is in you than He that is in the world.  He will not abandon us, because those who God called, He also justified so that in That Day we would not fall away is with some, but will hold fast to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  He who began a good work in us will continue the work until the Day of Jesus Christ's return.

Daily Prayer:  Lord, You gave everything over to us so that our faith will be complete.  Even though it  is hard, let us walk by the Spirit so that we do not give in the the desires of the flesh.  And help me to do this by dying to my own self-will and surrendering to Yours.  In Jesus name I pray Amen.

No comments: