Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

John 14:13-14 Whatever You Ask In My Name, I Will do

Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.  If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it.

What do you think? Will Jesus do anything you ask in His name?  My experience with this verse is that people (especially Christians) say "Whatever you ask which is according to the will of God, Jesus will most certainly do.  But that is not what He says.  In various other places in the gospels Jesus says whatever you ask in full faith, never doubting, He will most certainly do.  So the central problem with all of us is one of doubt.  Even though Jesus has done nothing to make us doubt him, our earthly experience is one that breeds doubt.  Being the first raised from the dead to eternal life, Jesus calls us our friend and our brother.  What brother would not help his brother or sister and what friend would not help a friend.  We must learn to ask Jesus for faith so that our experience with Him will be according to what He declares.

Daily Prayer:  Lord Jesus, there is nothing that I need that You don't give.  Today give me full faith, the king that believes and never doubts.  The faith of Elijah and those who came before me, who could say that it will not rain and shut up the skies and You bring his declaration to pass.  In Your holy name I pray Amen.

No comments: