Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Luke 15:8-10 When God Smiles


“Or what woman, if she has ten silver coins and loses one coin, does not light a lamp and sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it?  When she has found it, she calls together her friends and neighbors, saying, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found the coin which I had lost!’  In the same way, I tell you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.”
Jesus is building a picture for us here.  What do people value more than their treasure.  And surely the person of modest means places a very high value on their money.  In this example, we have a widow in Israel, among the poorest of the poor.  She loses a silver coin and directs her whole attention and being into finding that one coin.  Can you imagine how much God values each of us, the very ones that He sent Jesus to die for?  I tell you, when one of us breaks the stronghold of sin and living for ones-self, all of God’s heavenly family rejoice in the smile that God displays on that day!  If we understood the pleasure taken by God Himself over our drawing near to Him, we would spend everyday do that very thing.  But instead, we live isolated from God and His presence and do not refrain ourselves or honor Him.  It is not as though we lack our moments, but our whole life and very being should be committed to Him if we honor Him for who He is.
Daily Prayer:  Lord Jesus, let me have eyes that can see heaven and the nature of the Father.  Let me experience His smile and not only His wrath.  Allow me to entreat myself to His kindness and generosity and live with Him in wellness forever.  In Your holy name I pray Amen.

No comments: