Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Luke 13:1-5 Call to Repent


Now on the same occasion there were some present who reported to Him about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mixed with their sacrifices.  And Jesus said to them, “Do you suppose that these Galileans were greater sinners than all other Galileans because they suffered this fate?  I tell you, no, but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish.  Or do you suppose that those eighteen on whom the tower in Siloam fell and killed them were worse culprits than all the men who live in Jerusalem?  I tell you, no, but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish.”
In God’s opinion, all sin consists of missing the mark on what His holy standards are.  We know that there is none that are righteous, no not one.  This means we all have within us offenses against God.  The key for deliverance is that we agree with God about our sin.  That is to say that we acknowledge it before God and turn from it for His sake. This turning away from our own sin is called repentance.  Jesus has said not be judge one another, because that is like a man with a plank in his own eye trying to remove the speck in his brother’s eye.  Jesus calls that hypocrisy.  Therefore, instead of worrying about your neighbor, examine yourself, and make yourself right with God.
Daily Prayer:  Lord Jesus, I confess that I am a sinner and concerned mostly with myself.  I do some things to make me feel better about myself, but in the end I recognize and confess my own selfishness and need for repentance.  So bless me Lord as I now turn back to You.  Amen.

No comments: