Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Luke 15:3-7 Dying To Ourselves and Living for God


So He told them this parable, saying, “What man among you, if he has a hundred sheep and has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the open pasture and go after the one which is lost until he finds it?  When he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing.  And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and his neighbors, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!’  I tell you that in the same way, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance.
Jesus describes Himself as the Good Shepherd.  As such, He is one who’s character will lose none which are given to His care.  Often times we feel that our sins are in private when they never are.  God sees our deeds and knows our hearts.  He truly understands how difficult it is to change the mind and the will of a person.  This is why Jesus informs us that there is great rejoicing in heaven when a man or woman turns from their sin and toward God ( repentance ).  We too need to repent and it takes the form of our surrender to God in all parts of our life.  It is dying to ourselves and living for God.
Daily Prayer:  Create in me a heart of repentance.  Let me pick up my cross and carry it daily without complaint knowing that my reward is great in heaven  In Jesus name I pray Amen.

No comments: