Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 9, 2011

God advises Solomon to have the Israelites humble themselves and to repent (2 Chronicles 7: 11-14)

The LORD's temple and Solomon's palace were now finished. In fact, everything Solomon had planned to do was completed. Sometime later, the LORD appeared to Solomon in a dream and said, "I have heard your prayer, and I have chosen this temple as the place where sacrifices will be offered to me. Suppose I hold back the rain or send locusts to eat the crops or make my people suffer with deadly diseases. If my own people will humbly pray and turn back to me and stop sinning, then I will answer them from heaven. I will forgive them and heal their land." The LORD's reply is that the temple is the symbol of his presence among his people and that he is willing to come to the aid of those who have recourse to him. He invites them to trust in him. If you don't leave him, he won't leave you. This is also the grounds for faith healing. Although sickness is not always a result of sin, it can be. When King Hezekiah placed his health in the hands of doctors, he was forecasted to perish. When he turned to the Lord, God extended his life 15 years. God doesn't want to be our last option, but our first. If you turn from known sin in your life to purify yourself and then seek his healing, his promise is that you will hear from heaven concerning your petition. Daily Prayer: Father, all too often the church seeks the advice of "experts." How can the church be a light to the world when we seek their remedies? Instead, I must confess my transgressions before you through the power of the Holy Spirit who dwells within me and seek your forgiveness and healing so that you will do what is best for me. In Jesus name I pray Amen.

No comments: