Total Pageviews

Friday, April 8, 2011

David & Israel bless God Almighty Part 2 (1 Chronicles 29: 16-20)

Our LORD God, we have brought all these things for building a temple to honor you. They belong to you, and you gave them to us. But we are happy, because everyone has voluntarily given you these things. You know what is in everyone's heart, and you are pleased when people are honest. Always make us eager to give, and help us be faithful to you, just as our ancestors Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob faithfully worshiped you. And give Solomon the desire to completely obey your laws and teachings, and the desire to build the temple for which I have provided these gifts. David then said to the people, "Now it's your turn to praise the LORD, the God your ancestors worshiped." So everyone praised the LORD, and they bowed down to honor him and David their king. David is a man after God's heart, because David is a child of God. God loves a cheerful giver. As a parent, you have given your children money to buy your gift. Yet, you are please when they went out to shop for you, make a selection, and then wrap it up for you! While it was you money to begin with, it pleased you to see them with anxious anticipation while you unwrap your gift. So it is with Father God. He loves to see his children become excited for him! David is not only that favorite child of his, but he teaches his brothers and sisters to be just like him which compounds God's delight. God looks to the heart of his children to bring him satisfaction. Daily Prayer: Lord, I delight in my worship before you. I am convinced that I sin - less when I bring service to you Most High. Bring me into your presence and let me do for you all the days of my life. In your name I pray Amen.

No comments: