Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

David's prayer to God in response to being anointed king over all of Israel Part 2 (1 Chronicles 17: 23-27)

LORD God, please do what you promised me and my descendants. Then you will be famous forever, and everyone will say, "The LORD All-Powerful rules Israel and is their God." My kingdom will strong, because you are my God, and you have promised that my descendants will be kings. That's why I have the courage to pray to you like this, even though I am only your servant. You are the LORD God, and you have made this good promise to me. Now please bless my descendants forever, and let them always be your chosen kings. You have already blessed my family, and I know you will bless us forever. Supplication is the lowering of ones-self for the purpose of exhorting the Lord to carry out your petition. That is what David is doing in this first stanza. God has already promised him by his word that he will bless David and his off-spring. Now David begs for the promises deliverance. He states that the strong status of his kingdom will be a result of his relationship to the Sovereign God. He concludes his prayer with faith; the promise of God that he believes has already been accomplished and will follow him all t he days of his life. Daily Prayer: Father, your mercies are new every day. Like David, I say what I know to be true, but throughout the day the Evil One comes lurking seeking to have me depend on my own power for your spiritual blessing. Today, keep me from temptation to depend on the flesh and keep evil and the Evil One far from me. I pray in your holy name Amen.

No comments: