Total Pageviews

Monday, November 26, 2012

Luke 22:28-30 Rewards to Jesus' Followers


“You are those who have stood by Me in My trials; and just as My Father has granted Me a kingdom, I grant you  that you may eat and drink at My table in My kingdom, and you will sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
Although we do not serve Jesus for the sake of reward, Jesus does reward His followers. To the twelve apostles, He grants them rule over the 12 tribes of Israel.  To us He assures us that who so ever brings a cup of cold water in His name by no means will lose reward.
Jesus has in storage many splendorous things that are beyond our imagination.  Though our salvation is reward enough, He showers other reward on those who believe.
Daily Prayer:  Lord Jesus, I cannot imagine the wonderful things You have in store for me, a lowly sinner.  I do know that I have been saved by Your resurrection from the dead and that You love and care for me.  But not only me, but all who place their trust in You.  Thank you for all you have done and continue to do.  Amen.

No comments: