Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Luke 18:28-30 Our Everlasting Reward in Jesus


Peter said, “Behold, we have left our own homes and followed You.”  And He said to them, “Truly I say to you, there is no one who has left house or wife or brothers or parents or children, for the sake of the kingdom of God,  who will not receive many times as much at this time and in the age to come, eternal life.”
It is puzzling that Peter, the lead disciple and the pillar of the church to come, questions Jesus about reward because of his sacrifice.  Jesus is offering forgiveness of sins and everlasting life. Yet Peter asks his reward.  As it turns out, reward is in the heart of God anyway.  Jesus proclaims that whoever has given up anything for Him and the sake of the gospel will have everlasting reward in heaven.  To all of us who are not apostles, but are disciples because we are followers of Jesus, our intent is to rule with Jesus in His Kingdom forevermore.  In other places, Jesus says that even if you give a cup of cold water in His name, You will by no way lose your reward.
Daily Prayer:  Lord Jesus, I am happy to be a follower of You and look forward to the day that I can rule with You, even as I do today.  Even now, I pour out my life as a drink offering to You because You had mercy on my and have forgiven my sins and granted my eternal life.  In this I give my thanksgiving.  Amen.

No comments: