Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Luke 21:1-4 God Loves A Cheerful Giver


And He looked up and saw the rich putting their gifts into the treasury.  And He saw a poor widow putting in two small copper coins.  And He said, “Truly I say to you, this poor widow put in more than all of them;  for they all out of their surplus put into the offering; but she out of her poverty put in all that she had to live on.”
Often times we hear people complain that, “All the church wants is my money.”  Well, as you can see, Jesus Himself cared about people’s giving habits.  However, to Jesus, the one who gave the most was not most recognized by God, but the one who gave at a  sacrifice.  What honor comes from giving to God leftovers?  God loves a cheerful giver so the motivation of one’s heart is the measure of their love of God.
Daily Prayer:  Lord Jesus, let me never complain about what I give in Your Name.  You gave me eternal life and what can a man give for that?  So let me be a cheerful giver because it is an outward sign that Christ lives within me.  Amen.

No comments: