Total Pageviews

Monday, January 18, 2010

WHAT WE EXPECT FROM OUR LORD

Most Christians spend most of their prayer life in petitioning the Lord to meet their needs and fulfill their desires. Is it usual for the King of Kings to be considered a means to an end? Jesus Christ by His work on the cross offers eternal life to those who call on His name. We should then be His servants for His proposes, for His glory. The Lord examines our heart and the motivations of our prayers and our actions. Let us then purifiy our motives and let the Lord who is gracious and just, have His way in our life.

Daily Prayer: Lord, you know me better than I know myself. In my humanity, I confess that I seek self even when I offer service to You. Don't only teach me, but transform me by Your Spirit to seek You first and Your righteousness and be happy with whatever things may come my way. In Your Holy name I pray Amen.

No comments: