Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 28, 2010

BE WARY OF YOUR ZEAL & SELF-RIGHTEOUSNESS

It is not only the sinner who injures the work of Jesus, the zealot is far more dangerous. This one presents himself as one who leads men into God's Kingdom and thinks highly of his sacrifice. It is to this type of person that Jesus said "Be gone from Me you law breaker. You say that you did these things in My name, but I say I never knew you."
Yet, the publican (sinner) prayed as he pounded his chest to exclaim "have mercy on me, a sinner." This one walked away justified. Righteousness should take the form of lowlyness before Jesus, because Jesus' righteousness is to carry a cross.

Daily Prayer: Lord, have mercy on us because we are sinners against Your Kingdom. Let us yoke with You so that you can teach us and lead us in Your ways. In Jesus name I pray Amen.

No comments: