Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 8, 2011

John 16: 7 - 14 Jesus sends the Spirit

But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you. And He, when He comes, will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment; concerning sin, because they do not believe in Me; and concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father and you no longer see Me; and concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world has been judged.

“I have many more things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you.

The Helper is another name for the Holy Spirit. Jesus lived in his earthly ministry for three years. Now he prepares to return to the Father. He will send them the Spirit who in another of the same kind of Helper Jesus was and is to his believers. Instead of being in their company, He indwells all believers. The Spirit's purpose is to guide us into all truth and to intercede for us when our utterances are but groaning. The Spirit imparts the New Life Jesus spoke of. That which is born of flesh is flesh, but that which is born of spirit is spirit. The Spirit of God seals the Christian until they are in the company of Jesus in heaven.

Daily Prayer: Giver of Life, lead me in such a way that I do not quench Your will in my life. Convince and convict me of my sin and forgive me my trespasses as I forgive those who trespass against me. Make me holy, as my Father in heaven is holy. In Jesus name I pray Amen.

No comments: