Total Pageviews

Friday, April 12, 2013

Acts 5:29-32 We must obey God rather than men

But Peter and the apostles answered, “We must obey God rather than men.  The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom you had put to death by hanging Him on a cross.  He is the one whom God exalted to His right hand as a Prince and a Savior, to grant repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.  And we are witnesses of these things; and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey Him.”

Despite the persecutions of the elders, Peter and the disciples made it known that when it comes to obedience, He can only take the word of God and not the word of sinners.  He reminds them that Jesus is the One who was prophesied and sent from God, but it is just as Jesus said: "If you do not love me, neither do you love the One who sent me."  

Daily Prayer:  Lord Jesus, remind us always that we cannot love God without loving the Son whom He sent. You washed away my sins and gave me a life I did not have before knowing You.  Grant forgiveness and new life to these readers who now seek You.  In Your holy name I pray Amen.

No comments: