Total Pageviews

Monday, April 29, 2013

Acts 10:44-48 The Holy Spirit Given To The Gentiles

 While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit fell upon all those who were listening to the message.  All the [b]circumcised believers who came with Peter were amazed, because the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out on the Gentiles also.  For they were hearing them speaking with tongues and exalting God. Then Peter answered,  Surely no one can refuse the water for these to be baptized who have received the Holy Spirit just as we did, can he?”  And he ordered them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked him to stay on for a few days.

The giving of the Holy Spirit was not a part of the Old Testament.  In the Old Testament, the Holy Spirit would come upon certain individuals but did not indwell people.  Now in the New Covenant, the period of grace, Jesus said to His disciples and followers that I will not leave you as orphans.  I will send to you a Helper, One who will stand aside you and guide you.  Not another kind of helper, but the same kind of helper that I have been to you.  The giving of the Holy Spirit is an irrevocable gift to the saved believer because the Holy Spirit is an earnest for fully payment of their soul awaiting the second coming of Christ.  

Daily Prayer:  Lord Jesus, I am thankful for Your sending the Holy Spirit to me to help me live my life and transform it so that in addition to my salvation found in you, that I may be sanctified in the Helper you sent to me.  And I know His work will not be thwarted because since He started a good work in me He will complete it awaiting the time of Your coming. In Your holy name I pray Amen.

No comments: