Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

John 6:52-59 There is Life in the Blood


Then the Jews began to argue with one another, saying, “How can this man give us His flesh to eat?” So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in yourselves.  He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.  For My flesh is true food, and My blood is true drink.  He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him.  As the living Father sent Me, and I live because of the Father, so he who eats Me, he also will live because of Me.  This is the bread which came down out of heaven; not as the fathers ate and died; he who eats this bread will live forever.”  These things He said in the synagogue as He taught in Capernaum.
It is important to remember who is doing the talking in these verses.  The words are being spoken by Jesus Christ the Son of God.  Even so, after this many found that they could not follow Him because of these hard teachings.  But the basis on our sacrament of communion is based on this.  Through Jesus’ redemptive body, our sins are forgiven and we become coheirs with him in God’s Kingdom.  If we believe in Jesus and place our hope in Him, by Him we will benefit for his substitution of his blood for hours for the forgiveness of sin.  If we reject Him and what He has done, we will die a second and everlasting death separated from Him forever, but the choice belongs to each of us.
Daily Prayer:  Lord without faith we cannot please You.  Reach out to all those under the sound of my voice so that they receive faith sufficient to believe and by You are saved from eternal separation and darkness.  In Your holy name I pray Amen.

No comments: