Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Luke 6:24-27 Woe To Those Who Seek Worldly Wealth

But woe to you who are rich, for you are receiving your comfort in full. Woe to you who are well-fed now, for you shall be hungry. Woe to you who laugh now, for you shall mourn and weep. Woe to you when all men speak well of you, for their fathers used to treat the false prophets in the same way. “But I say to you who hear, love your enemies, do good to those who hate you.

A constant theme in the gospels is that the last will be first, and the first will be last. Of course, this sounds like foolishness to the world, but they haven’t even heard of the Kingdom of Heaven. Perhaps more surprising, however, is when we see Christians groping for worldly wealth. The problem with worldly wealth is that it is designed to sever a Father-child relationship to the God who owns all wealth and makes the Adamic self feel that they can get along without Godly sustenance.

This was the sin of the Old-Adam and remains our sin too if we slight our dependence on the God of glory.

Daily Prayer: Lord God, bless me in such a way that my only blessing is my daily bread. This way I find myself at Your door every day, seeking my life from Your hand and not from the serpent who tries to copy You, replacing temporal wealth for everlasting support. Let us not be satisfied with that which by its nature was never made to last. In Jesus name I pray Amen.

No comments: