Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Mark 9:38-41 Dire Warnings

John said to Him, “Teacher, we saw someone casting out demons in Your name, and we tried to prevent him because he was not following us.” But Jesus said, “Do not hinder him, for there is no one who will perform a miracle in My name, and be able soon afterward to speak evil of Me. He who is not against us is for us. For whoever gives you a cup of water to drink because of your name as followers of Christ, truly I say to you, he will not lose his reward.

One might wonder what application these verses have in our world today. The best example for me was when I graduated from Dallas Theological Seminary and I received a call from my cousin. He called me to congratulate me for my accomplishment, but recognized that the seminary I attended is non-denominational, but the church he attends is Lutheran. Concerning this difference in theological grounding he said to me, “I can only say what my Savior says. He who is not against me is with me.” So keep on preaching the gospel and I am with you. What he was saying is those who believe in the Gospel of Jesus Christ must be united as one. Denominations are man-made, but the gospel the foundation of the invisible church, which is all those who trust in Jesus Christ and His finished work on the cross as the reason for their salvation.

Daily Prayer: Lord Bless You for every time You unite the church as one. Keep our hearts in the gospel and be slow to criticize, especially when all knowledge and wisdom come from You alone. In Jesus name I pray Amen.

No comments: