Total Pageviews

Monday, April 2, 2012

Matthew 19:27-30 The Disciples’ Reward

Then Peter said to Him, “Behold, we have left everything and followed you; what then will there be for us?” And Jesus said to them, “Truly I say to you, that you who have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of Man will sit on His glorious throne, you also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or farms for my name’s sake, will receive many times as much, and will inherit eternal life. But many who are first will be last; and the last, first.

The ways of the Kingdom of Heaven are the opposite of the ways of our earthly life. In our earthly life, we seek self-gain and treasure. We bond to our family and desire titles by which we can become known. In the Kingdom of Heaven, nobody lacks any good or physical thing. Our lives are not spent building up ourselves, but glorifying the Father and the Son. Might is not right and the lowly and humble in heart is counted as the greatest in this kingdom. We seek not rule over a group, but seek rule with Christ. Whoever is satisfied on earth, may have missed this kingdom altogether. Jesus declares that those who are satisfied in this life will be last in the end.

Daily Prayer: Father, count it all as joy those things that I go through now. My treasure is not great, but I do not lack bread. Honor belongs to others, but my Lord counts me worthy to die for. And I store up my treasure in heaven, because my Father owns all things and calls me His son. For these reasons, I count it all as joy the life you have given to me. In Jesus name I pray Amen.

No comments: