Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Big Difference Between Master & Being Mastered

Jesus Christ is my Master, but I am not mastered by Him. This is to say, Master refers to His special standing of knowing me in every detail, even better than I know myself. It implies His ability to meet my every need and to give me understanding. What it doesn't say is that Jesus by no means imposes His will on me or forces obedience. This is because that kind of obedience lacks relationship. So when I say Jesus is my Master, it is because He is. It is my decision to choose obedience to Him.

Daily Prayer: Lord Jesus, teach me those things about myself that I need to know. Show me what true love looks like. Let not my heart be hardened, instead let it be filled with trust. This way, I will follow You because You are the Good Shepherd. Amen.

1 comment:

Marcos en Mexico said...

What i do not grasp is Chambers' meaning when he writes "In the Bible, obedience is based on a relationship between equals; for example, that of a son with his father."

I have trouble grasping how father & son are equals. And because I do not graps that, I am also losing the point that Chambers is saying.

Can you help me understand?