Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Putting Your Own Sin To Death

Paul informed us through the Word of God that sin can and must be dealt with by us. Christ died to free us from sin and death and the power of the devil, but we must for ourselves identify with the Cross of Christ and reckon sin to be dead in our mortal flesh so that we may too, walk in newness of life. I disagree when the church says we are born into sin and in bondage to it. That may have been true before Christ's first advent, but it certainly isn't now. If you have been born again, you have a new nature now. This new nature, by yielding to the Spirit of Christ, allows the saint to agree with Him about sin which involves putting it to death. So if you still feel in bondage to sin, come to Christ asking for regeneration by the Spirit so that you too may walk in obedience.

Daily Prayer: Lord Jesus, words are cheap, but without them, how can men know? I too, struggled with sin mostly because I didn't want to give it up. Once I learned how to live the spiritual life, temptation radically decreased because Satan no longer had sway in my life. I urge all under the sound of my voice to come to Jesus and give Him His way in your life. Amen.

No comments: