Total Pageviews

Monday, March 15, 2010

Jesus' Word & Ways Are Hard

We like the comparison of our Savior to a shepherd or even a friend. Sometimes, though, His words and ways are hard. His words seem radical and scary to defend. His face is set like flint and I wonder how well I know my Savior?
Yes, it is good to fear the Lord your God, but sometimes His words strike terror to the hearer. He says things like to eat His flesh and drink His blood in order to be made whole. He calls His body the true food. When someone asks me if I am a believer, it can be hard to answer. All I know is that His ways are not man's ways. As far as the heavens are above the earth, this different is He from man. I must persevere though, to be His follower.

Daily Prayer: Lord, you are different from us in many ways. We pledged to trust in you and that we will do. Strengthen us in times of weakness or confusion. We are different from You and sometimes Your ways are lofty for me. In Your Holy Name I pray Amen.

No comments: