Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Romans 10:14-21 Faith Comes Through Hearing


How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!”But not all the Israelites accepted the good news. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed our message?”  Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ. But I ask: Did they not hear? Of course they did: “Their voice has gone out into all the earth,their words to the ends of the world.”Again I ask: Did Israel not understand? First, Moses saysI will make you envious by those who are not a nation;I will make you angry by a nation that has no understanding.”“I was found by those who did not seek me;I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me.”“All day long I have held out my handsto a disobedient and obstinate people.”   To be chosen by God is a blessing and a hardship.  A blessing because God counts you worthy of fulfilling His good will.  A hardship because if you don't succeed, He will choose another.  Herein comes the strife. We want control over our life, but so does God.  Faithful mothers know that they cannot move forward until they let go, and let God.  Only then will the strife be lessened and the troubles solved.   Daily Prayer:  Empower me, O God, to preach the word to those who have not heard.  For this is my calling and by Your Spirit, don't let me fail.  Open the doors of opportunity and the ears of the people to what You have said for eternal life found in Jesus.  In His holy name I pray Amen.
























No comments: