Total Pageviews

Friday, November 19, 2010

What Happens When God Forgives

God forgives my sin not because He has mercy on me, but because I have been identified with His Son. God forgives me because of Jesus and that's all. God's love is shown in the Cross. Without the Cross no amount of love would bring forgiveness. With the Cross I am forgiven because I am "in Christ" and forgiven based on the merit of Christ which is given to me a sinner.
This is why I can make no claim to righteousness apart from Jesus, because without him I am an unpardonable sinner.

Daily Prayer: Father, bring to my consciousness the level of payment that has been rendered for my sins. Keep me abiding in you so that I do not stray after such a great price has been paid for me and all who come to Christ for forgiveness. In Jesus name I pray Amen.

No comments: