Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Colossians 2:1-7 Even if absent in the flesh, we remain in the spirit rooted in the wisdom of God to combat temptation

For I desire to have you know how greatly I struggle for you, and for those at Laodicea, and for as many as have not seen my face in the flesh; that their hearts may be comforted, they being knit together in love, and gaining all riches of the full assurance of understanding, that they may know the mystery of God, both of the Father and of Christ, in whom are all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge hidden. Now this I say that no one may delude you with persuasiveness of speech. For though I am absent in the flesh, yet am I with you in the spirit, rejoicing and seeing your order, and the steadfastness of your faith in Christ. As therefore you received Christ Jesus, the Lord, walk in him, rooted and built up in him, and established in the faith, even as you were taught, abounding in it in thanksgiving. If you didn't know already, a human has both a body and a spirit. One day the body will die, but the spirit does not die but has everlasting life. We perceive God and Jesus Christ now through our spirit where our spirit connects with the Holy Spirit so that we may know all truth and have understanding. But the enemy who is Satan and his followers tries to tempt us away from our union with Christ with luring words leading to disobedience. But the Christian is indwelt by the Spirit of God and greater is he that is in me that the one who is in the world. The truth has made me free to willfully be a partaker in Christ Jesus so that I can walk with him.

No comments: