Total Pageviews

Friday, May 31, 2013

Acts 22:17-21 The Lord Speaks, Leave Jerusalem & Go To The Gentiles

“It happened when I returned to Jerusalem and was praying in the temple, that I fell into a trance,  and I saw Him saying to me, Make haste, and get out of Jerusalem quickly, because they will not accept your testimony about Me.’  And I said, ‘Lord, they themselves understand that in one synagogue after another I used to imprison and beat those who believed in You.  And when the blood of Your witness Stephen was being shed, I also was standing by approving, and watching out for the coats of those who were slaying him.’ And He said to me, ‘Go! For I will send you far away to the Gentiles.’

When the Jews rejected the True Son of God, it became clear that those sent in His name will also be rejected.  Even though Paul labored with great zeal, the crowd wanted his life.  But Jesus considered Paul a chosen instrument to preach the gospel to the Jews and their kings.  In time, Peter will follow Peter's labor with the brethren, but for now, Paul's emphasis is to establish churches outside Jerusalem.

Daily Prayer:  Lord, it is certain that Your ways are not our ways.  Your thoughts are not our thoughts.  As far as the heavens are above the earth, so far are You above us.  Therefore let us be regenerated with new lives so that we can be your representatives where we live and around the world.  In Jesus name I pray Amen.

No comments: