Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 22, 2012

John 3:9-12 The Secrets of Heaven

Nicodemus said to Him, “How can these things be?” Jesus answered and said to him, “Are you the teacher of Israel and do not understand these things?  Truly, truly, I say to you, we speak of what we know and testify of what we have seen, and you do not accept our testimony.  If I told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things?"
Nicodemus was a member of the political elite Pharisees.  Most Pharisees did not follow Jesus because they did not have sufficient faith.  This is why Jesus said to him how can I share the secret of heaven when you find the facts of earth to be a stumbling block?  Nicodemus will in time come around because he sought Jesus and determined that God must be in Him for Him to do as He does.  Our journey even today is not to testify about what we can see, but to have faith in that which we cannot see.
Daily Prayer:  Lord Jesus, circumcise my heart and fill it with child like faith.  Let me not be the captain of my own ship, but a laborer in Your's.  In Your holy name I pray Amen.   

No comments: