Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Power of the word "Alone" in the Gospel

When I received Jesus as my Savior, it was when I recognized that my redemption was based on His finished work on the Cross alone. This mean that it is apart from a contribution from me or anyone else. One might say, should I read the Bible? Of course you should, but salvation is apart from that. It is Christ's work on the Cross alone that provides that. But what about my prayer life? You should pray, but praying will not bring salvation because that is a work of Christ alone apart from your sacred acts. If I go to church, will I go to heaven. No, but many who are saved go to church, but that will not insure salvation because the work of Christ alone is what brings salvation. So what then can I do? You can come in faith realizing your sinful plight and receive the Holy Spirit who that Son gives to those who accept His finish work alone as their only hope for eternal life.

No comments: